TOP Phrases for Learning Speaking English Section 2
125 useful english phrases for everyday use section 2
51. twenty-four/seven means “every minute of every day, all the time”
Example: You can access our web site 24/7. It’s very convenient!
52. fill in (something) means to write words in blank spaces
Example: Please fill in this form and give it to the receptionist.
53. find out (something) means to learn or discover something
Example: My mother is angry at me because she found out that I had quit my French class.
54. first of all means the very first thing
Example: First of all we prepared the garden and then we planted the seeds.
55. for good means permanently
Example: The city will close the public swimming pool for good next week.
56. for sure means without doubt, certainly, surely
Example: I will go to the movie with you for sure next week.
57. get back to (something) means to return to something
Example: I was happy to get back to my work after my holiday.
58. get into (something) means to become interested or involved in something
Example: I do not want to get into an argument with my friend. We will get into the details of the plan tomorrow.
59. get into (somewhere) means to enter somewhere
Example: My friend wants to get into a good university. I bumped my head as I was getting into the car.
60. get out of (somewhere) means to leave somewhere, to escape from somewhere
Example: I want to hurry and get out of my house.
Watch video to learn more