TOP Phrases for Learning Speaking English Section 1
125 useful english phrases for everyday use section 3
91. make sure means to make certain, to establish something without a doubt
Example: I want to make sure that my friend is going to meet me tomorrow.
92. more or less means somewhat, to some extent
Example: I more or less have decided to study business next year.
93. no matter means regardless
Example: No matter how hard that I try, my piano teacher is never satisfied.
94. not at all means certainly not
Example: I am not at all happy with my new computer.
95. of course means certainly, definitely, naturally
Example: Of course you can use my car if you want to.
96. on the other hand means however, in contrast, looking at the opposite side of a matter
Example: He is very intelligent but on the other hand he is very lazy and always gets low marks at school.
97. on time means at the scheduled time, exactly at the correct time, punctually
Example: Our train arrived exactly on time.
98. once again means again, one more time, once more
Example: I tried once again to phone my boss at his home .
99. open to (something) means to be agreeable to learn or hear about new ideas or suggestions
Example: Most members of the class were open to the teacher’s ideas.
100. pick up (something) means to get or receive something
Example: I will pick up my dry cleaning tomorrow. I picked up a copy of the newspaper at the station.
Watch video to learn more