TOP 500 Phrasal Verbs and Idioms must learn to speak like native speaker
Phrasal Verbs List: TOP 500 Phrasal Verbs and Idioms Lesson 3
► Phrasal Verbs EXAMPLE:
1. Can you extinguish that cigarette, please?
►Can you put out that cigarette, please?
2. The alarm bell started ringing.
►The alarm bell went off.
3. I shouted his name loudly but he didn’t hear me.
►I called out his name but he didn’t hear me.
4. The police are investigating the accident.
►The police are looking into the accident.
5. Come quickly – a fire has started!
►Come quickly – a fire has broken out!
6. He experienced a lot of pain.
►He went through a lot of pain.
7. He started the fire alarm by accident.
►He set off the fire alarm by accident.
8. The government has said that tax cuts are not possible.
►The government has ruled out tax cuts.
9. The prisoners escaped through the window.
►The prisoners got out through the window.
10. I think we should ask for the help of a doctor.
►I think we should call in a doctor
Watch video to learn more