TOP 500 Phrasal Verbs and Idioms must learn to speak like native speaker
Phrasal Verbs List: TOP 500 Phrasal Verbs and Idioms Lesson 4
► Phrasal Verbs EXAMPLE:
1. The engine keeps stopping.
►The engine keeps cutting out.
2. The survivors were rescued from the sea by helicopter.
►The survivors were picked up by helicopter.
3. Don’t touch it! It might explode!
►Don’t touch it! It might blow up!
4. He was arrested by the police for possessing drugs.
►He was picked up by the police for possessing drugs.
5. The police are ready for action in case there is trouble.
►The police are standing by in case there is trouble.
6. Someone entered our house illegally at the weekend.
►Someone broke into our house at the weekend.
7. Our village was isolated by a snowstorm for a week,
►Our village was cut off by a snowstorm for a week.
8. He’s escaped from prison again.
►He’s broken out of prison again.
9. The robbers succeeded in stealing over £100,000.
get away with
►The robbers got away with over £100.000.
10. I tried to stop the thief, but he escaped on a motorbike.
► I tried to stop the thief, but he made off on a motorbike.
Watch video to learn more